Huntleys Farm Shop
How To Find Us
Barrica Wine School
In June Kevin Sambrook Mobile Wine Services in association with Barrica Wines is offering you the chance to gain a professional qualification from the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET). Kevin is already well known to many of you and is an Approved Programme Provider (APP) for the WSET to offer their courses.
Over a series of 3 weekends in June we will be providing the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits.
This qualification provides vocational training in the broad range of alcoholic beverages to underpin skills and competencies for staff working in or planning to work in hospitality, retail and wholesale industries. It also arms wine enthusiasts with vital knowledge, skills and confidence to make valuable judgements and selections whether you are in a restaurants or wine retail outlets - wherever you are in the World.
Who is our course aimed at:
- People employed in the drinks and hospitality industries with little previous knowledge of alcoholic beverages, or those considering a new career in this industry.
- Wine enthusiasts who wish to acquire in-depth knowledge of wines and spirits and want to obtain an internationally recognised wine qualification.
Tell me about the course
As with everything associated with Barrica, it will be informal whilst being highly informative. You won't need a high level of prior knowledge to come along and benefit, just a love of wine and a desire to learn more.
The emphasis is on learning about tasting wine, the key grape varieties grown around the world, the different styles of wine produced and the production of spirits and liqueurs. There will be a one hour multiple choice exam at the end of the course to enable you to gain your qualification.
The course will run across 3 Saturdays in June and is based at the Fielden Arms in Mellor Brook:-
- Saturday 9th June 2012 9.45am - 4.15pm
- Saturday 16th June 2012 9.45am - 4.15pm
- Saturday 30th June 2012 9.45am - 4.45pm
The cost of the whole course is £310 and this includes:-
- All study materials
- All wines used for tasting throughout the course
- 3 days of professional WSET tuition by WSET Certified Educator
- Examination fees and an Internationally recognised qualification and certificate
- A set of 6 ISO Professional Wine Tasting glasses
- Lunch at the Fielden Arms, Mellor Brook on each Saturday - including wine matching
To book your place or learn more about the course please contact Kevin Sambrook (Kevin Sambrook Mobile Wine Services) on 01772 877933